Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Solid Rock

"On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand."I have been singing this hymn joyfully with in my heart the past couple of days. Never has it been more beautiful to me than it is now. Because I feel like God , through His Word, has really shone some light into the darkness of my heart. We say it and sing it all the time,"He is my everything, He is my fulfillment." But how strongly do we really believe it? When disappointment comes, when dreams shatter, when those we love cease to live in this world with us, we question Him. It's completely human I know and I won't dare to say that I haven't ever questioned Him. But do the circumstances in life, whatever happens in our world, change His character? Does it change who He is? I think not!
Think about the hymn," Jesus Paid It All." We sing this part SO loudly, yet we are very quiet at singing "ALL TO HIM I OWE." Something finally clicked with in my spirit whenever I sung this song at a Bible Study one night. I spoke to the Lord and said," You have already given up EVERYTHING for me. Now it is my turn to give up EVERYTHING for you." Hear me out on this. Christ exemplified the greatest sacrifice of love for us at the cross. He is the Rock of our Salvation (Psalm 95:1).Salvation being the deliverance from the power of sin and death. We have been REDEEMED by the blood of the Lamb. Is that not enough to praise Him? Is that not enough to continue on in serving Him and pouring out our love for Him in the midst of our brokenness and despair? If Christ never answered any of my prayers, His sacrifice alone, and the joy of knowing I have eternal life should be enough.
This does not negate anyone's pain or even my own. And there are so many questions to be read in between these lines. Like the loss of a child, or the lack of and many many more. But God's Word CLEARLY states that we will go through many hardships, trials, and tribulations before entering the kingdom of God (Acts 14:22, James 1:2,I Peter 1:6). Nor does this mean that I stop praying or believing in God to bring forth healing and deliverance.
But I have to stand on this Truth. He is God and will ALWAYS be worthy of my praise in whatever state of life I find my self in. He does not Change. He is the same, yesterday, today, and forever(Hebrews 13:8). I know it is easy to say all of this when life is not so painful. But I must grab a hold of this truth while the sun is shining , so that when the rain comes, this truth holds as an umbrella and a shield through the storm.


Father, may the truth of Your Word and the Love that you have already shown me be so deeply rooted in my heart, that I would never cease to praise you. That I would never cease to pour out my life and my love for you.

1 comment:

  1. I like the correlation of songs and the word. Good combo:)

    ReplyDelete